Fine to medium
- Heat 350g water of water to 95°and grind a little over 16g of coffee as some is lost in the grinder.
- Attach filter in perforated chamber and lock in to main Aeropress body.
- Place the Aeropress onto your cup and rinse the paper filter thoroughly, while also warming the aeropress and cup. Discard rinse water in vessel and place both on the scale.
- Add 16g of freshly ground coffee.
- Tare scale and start timer. Pour 255g of water close to the side while slowly rotating the aeropress ensuring all coffee grounds are evenly saturated.
- At 1min stir gently once, submerging all grounds and remove from scale.
- Place plunger and press strongly, under 10 seconds until you hear the pop and Voila! Ready to serve.
- Grind size particles should feel like pepper from a mill grinder.
- If your brew is too slow, intense or bitter, use a coarser grind. If it’s too quick, tasting thin or sour, use a finer grind.
- This recipe has a ratio of 1 to 16 parts, coffee to water. This brewing method is ideal for different strengths so for a stronger cup, try 1 to 12.5 (200g water instead).
Need coffee for this brewing style?
Missing the tools?