- Add 1L of room temperature or cold water to the water chamber. Grind a little over 65 of coffee as some is lost in the grinder.
- Wash paper filter well removing any papery taste and place in the filter basket.
- Add 65g of freshly ground coffee and make a little pit with a spoon in the middle of your coffee bed for even ground saturation.
- Start the brewer. Once the filter basket is half full with water, mix the slurry gently going back and forth and all the way to the bottom, ensuring all coffee grounds are wet.
- Once all water has passed through the filter, take out the jug and gently swirl it. Ready to serve! Total brew time should take under 5 mins.
- Grind size particles should feel in-between mill ground pepper and coarse sea salt.
- If your brew is too slow, intense or bitter, use a coarser grind. If it’s too quick, tasting thin or sour, use a finer grind.
- This brew guide has a ratio of 1 to 16 parts, coffee to water. It is ideal for a medium bodied, sweet cup and gentle acidity. If you prefer a bigger, boastier body, try out a 1 to 15 parts ratio.
Need coffee for this brewing style?
Missing the tools?